Hosted by World Wind Energy Association In collaboration with the International Windship Association and the International Association for Sustainable Aviation
Time: Wed, 9 Sep 2020, 12:00-14:30 (CEST).
While the power sector in many countries is progressing well towards a full renewable energy supply and land based transportation is taking major steps away from fossil, fuels, two important areas have hardly been tackled: Aviation and Shipping. In order to achieve the goal of a climate neutral world and to shift human economic activities completely towards renewable energy, it is imperative that these two sectors be converted too. Although today almost all vessels and planes are fuelled with fossil fuel, very promising concepts are available with the potential of completely switching away from such fuels. This webinar will present the state of the art in aviation and shipping and will discuss actual and potential solutions. A special focus will be on how wind and other renewable sources can support these two difficult-to-abate transportation sectors in managing this transformation.
– Gavin Allwright, IWSA – Wind Propulsion: Overview
– Ralf Nolting & Rudolf Doerpinghaus, IASA – Renewable energy in aviation
– Stefan Gsänger, WWEA – Wind Energy and Renewable Energy Worldwide
– (tbc) Dr. Harry Lehmann, German Federal Environment Agency UBA – Requirements for sustainable aviation and shipping
– Martial Claudepierre, Sustainable Shipping, Global Technology Leader, Bureau Veritas – Alternative/zero-emissions fuel developments in shipping
– Brian Boserup, CEO of Blue Technology (Denmark) – Zero-emissions vessel design incorporating wind, hydrogen, solar etc. – looking at a paradigm shift in shipping
– Renewable based shipping on inland waterways (tbc)
– Sam Bruce, CSIRO – Opportunities for hydrogen in commercial aviation
– Gero Rueter, Deutsche Welle – Comments on the role of flying in a world which is struggling for climate neutrality
International Windship Association (IWSA)
‘Promoting Maritime Wind Propulsion Solutions’
LinkedIn group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8259138