By: Nadin Said
The Society of Marine Engineers hosted this year at their premises the annual seminar for the Lloyd’s Register, under the title “IMO new rules and regulation” dated 16 Septamber,2020 at 7 pm.
The Speaker was Eng. Farid Rehab. He is the Marine Operation Manager of Egypt & Saudi Arabia for LR.
As the Lloyd’s Register every year make some editions and amendments to the rules. Also due to the world wide Cruises Covid-19, there was a must to change some of ILO regulations in-order to help the seafarers in such situations.
The seminar covered important information on updates to IMO and ILO legislation updates taking effect between 01 July 2020 to 01 January 2021.
Some of the points discussed through the meeting are:
- Updated affecting ships with keels laid on or after 1 July 2020.
- Updates affecting new ships contracted for construction on or after 1 July 2020.
- Updates affecting existing ships from 1 July 2020.
- Amendments to SOLAS chapter II-1 on damage stability.
- Amendments to the Revised performance standers for integration navigation system (INS) relating to the harmonization of bridge design and display of information.
- Use of electronic record books under MARPOL.
- Amendments of 2018 to the code of the Maritime Labor convection, 2006, as amended.