HomeMarineNewsPorts News

(CHEC) receives infrastructure contract for Khalifa Port

The deal will see the construction of the first net-zero carbon administration building at the port.

China Harbour Engineering has signed a contract with AD Ports Group to undertake the development of buildings and topside infrastructure for CMA Terminals Khalifa Port in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

CMA CGM’s subsidiary CMA Terminals has a 70% stake in the port while the remaining 30% interest is owned by AD Ports Group.

The deal is said to enable the construction of the first net zero carbon administration building at the port, which will be in line with AD Ports Group’s role as an official partner of the World Green Building Council’s Middle East & North Africa Regional Network.

Khalifa Port, Abu Dhabi, UAE - Gantrex - Your Worldwide Market leader in Crane and Specialty Rail tracks

Along with more than one million square metres of yard paving, reefer stacks, ship-to-shore (STS) cranes and access roads, the project will also include the building of 28 offices and utilities across the terminal.

The new terminal is expected to begin operations in the first half of 2025.

Upon completion, CMA Terminals Khalifa Port will feature an initial capacity of 1.8 million twenty-foot equivalent units (TEUs).

The terminal will be fully incorporated with Etihad Rail, which will significantly improve Khalifa Port’s connectivity.

Profile photo of Saif Al Mazrouei

AD Ports Group ports cluster CEO Saif Al Mazrouei said: “We are making positive progress on the development of CMA Terminals Khalifa Port, which will be one of the most modern and innovative terminals in the region upon completion.

“Under the guidance of our wise leadership, we are incorporating sustainability principles into our construction plan, with the development of our first net zero administration building.”

About : China Harbour Engineering Company Ltd. (CHEC)

Jobs and Careers at China Harbour Engineering Company, Egypt | WUZZUF

China Harbour Engineering Company Ltd. (CHEC) was established in the 1980s. As a subsidiary of China Communications Construction Company Ltd.(CCCC), a global fortune 500 company, it explores the overseas market on behalf of CCCC.

At present, CHEC’s more than 90 branches and representative offices around the world conduct business in over 100 countries and regions with more than 15000 employees undertaking hundreds of international projects whose total contract amount is over USD 30 billion.

Guided by the “Belt and Road” Initiative, CHEC insists on acting as a vital parttaker of government and economic and social development of the countries along “Belt and Road”, a deep participant of regional economic development and a good provider of government’s purchase public service.

Besides, it abides by its core value of “keen responsibility, excellent rewards and win-win cooperation”, fulfill its social responsibility and make a positive contribution to the economic and social development of the host countries and regions so as to realize common development.

Show More
Back to top button
error: Content is protected !!
%d bloggers like this: